History

History of Academy

  • The Egyptian Higher Institute of Management and Accounting was established in El-Masajed Square, Alexandria governorate in 1996 according to ministerial resolution no. 1540.
  • The institute started with the departments of management and accounting and a department for studying in English. In 1999, the department of information systems and computer sciences was established according to ministerial resolution no 663.
  • The institute’s name has been changed to The Egyptian Institute of Alexandria Academy for Management and Accounting in 2000 by ministerial resolution no. 396. Significantly, the number of students has surged from 60 students in 1996 to 4000 students in later years.
  • The institute has been transferred to its new headquarters in 3 El-Malek St., near to Montazah Palace, Alexandria governorate, according to ministerial resolution no. 1019 in 2011.
  • The first batch of students graduated in June, 2000 with a B.Sc. degree in management and accounting which was equated to the same degree granted by Egyptian universities in 2005.
X